Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Corner-sited attached two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1850, having chamfered corner and timber shopfront to front (south) elevation. Now in use as a public house. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and parapet having cornice. Lined and ruled rendered walls to ground floor. Square-headed openings having replacement uPVC windows and continuous render sill courses. Timber shopfront comprising cornice, consoles and fascia. Square-headed display openings with replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed opening to chamfered corner having overlight, now blocked up, over timber panelled door.
Occupying a corner site, this building's size and scale are similar to the surrounding buildings and therefore makes a positive contribution to the streetscape. The curved corner is a particularly unusual feature. The render details articulate the building.