Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Attached three-bay three-storey with dormer attic former house, built c. 1860, with timber shopfront to front (south) elevation. Now in use as shop. Mansard slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and timber bargeboards to dormers. Rendered walls. Square-headed openings to dormer windows, camber-headed window openings with painted sills to upper floor, having replacement uPVC windows throughout. Timber shopfront comprising dentilated cornice and ornate scrolled consoles. Square-headed display windows with carved timber mullions and centrally placed square-headed opening having overlight and half-glazed timber panelled double-leaf doors. Square-headed opening with overlight and timber panelled door.
The modest size and scale of this building are similar to the surrounding structures and therefore makes a positive contribution to the streetscape. It retains its original form which is enhanced by the shopfront with ornate timber mullions and consoles.