Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Attached three-bay three-storey with dormer attic former house, built c. 1860, with timber shopfront to front (south) elevation. Now in use as shop. Mansard slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and roll moulded render cornice. Roughcast rendered walls. Segmental-headed openings to dormers, square-headed openings to first and second floors, having replacement uPVC windows. Recent timber shopfront comprising pilasters with consoles supporting cornice. Square-headed display windows with flanking square-headed openings having overlights over half-glazed timber panelled doors. Centrally placed square-headed opening with overlight and timber panelled door.
Built as a pair with the adjoining structure, this building retains its original form and massing. The unified façade presents a positive contribution to the streetscape.