Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Attached three-bay three-storey with dormer attic former house, built c. 1860, with timber shopfront to front (south) elevation. Now in use as shop. Mansard slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with moulded render cornice. Segmental-headed openings to dormers, square-headed openings to first and second floors, having one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Render surrounds and render continuous sill courses to upper floors, with render cornices to first floor openings. Timber shopfront comprising fluted pilasters with ornate consoles supporting dentilated cornice and fascia. Square-headed display window with flanking square-headed openings having overlights over timber panelled doors.
Built as a pair with the adjoining structure, this building retains notable features, such as the decorative render window surrounds and timber sliding sash windows. Its scale, proportions and massing combine to present a positive contribution to the streetscape. The shopfront is an excellent example of the high design and quality of nineteenth century craftsmanship.