Survey Data

Reg No

20825013


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


Date

1780 - 1800


Coordinates

196331, 73228


Date Recorded

19/07/2007


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1790, built as part of a group of three with the adjoining buildings to west. Hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves, rendered chimneystacks, moulded eaves course and cast-iron rainwater goods. Smooth rendered walls with central round-headed niche to first floor. Square-headed window openings with replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed opening to front with timber panelled half-glazed door having raised render surround. Approached by flight of concrete steps. Stone-built outbuildings to rear, now in ruins.

Appraisal

Despite alterations, combines with adjoining buildings to form imposing whole. Niche to front is a notable feature, which together with eaves course and plinth adds interest to the fa├žade. Outbuildings to rear add context.