Survey Data

Reg No

20825012


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


Date

1780 - 1800


Coordinates

196325, 73226


Date Recorded

19/07/2007


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached canted-plan three-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1790, as part of a group of three with adjoining buildings to east and west. Now in use as shop. Hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves, moulded eaves course and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with rendered plinth course and recent timber signs. Square-headed window openings to first floor with one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed openings to ground floor with bipartite segmental headed fixed timber windows. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled half-glazed door and overlight. Concrete step to entrance.

Appraisal

Combines with adjoining buildings to form imposing, unusual and coherent group of structures on street. Retains much of its form as well as notable features such as timber windows. Render plinth and eaves course enhance fa├žade.