Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Corner-sited end-of-terrace four-bay three-storey house and shop, built c. 1870. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and render eaves course. Painted rendered walls with render quoins. Camber-headed openings having moulded render surrounds and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Shopfront comprising terminating panelled pilasters, with ornate consoles, fascia, dentillated moulded cornice and cast-iron cresting above. Recessed central opening having camber-headed overlight and half-glazed timber panelled double leaf doors, with geometric tiled threshold. Fixed display windows, with camber heads and Ionic colonettes, having carved foliated spandrels.
This building occupies a corner site and its ornate street frontage contributes to the streetscape. The shopfront is a particularly important features, retaining all the elegant detail of a fashionable late nineteenth century design.