Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, built c. 1820, formerly also in use as public house and having replacement timber pubfront to ground floor of front elevation. Slightly lower single-bay three-storey pitched-roofed extension to rear. Hipped artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed openings with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows, those to front elevation having moulded render surrounds and concrete sills, those to second floor forming part of render sill course.
Occupying a prominent corner site at the junction of four streets and off the main square, this building is a notable feature on Fermoy's streetscape. Its regular façade is enhanced by the symmetrical openings and their timber sliding sash windows, while its form is articulated and enlivened by the render quoins and surrounds.