Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical
In Use As
1775 - 1785
Terraced five-bay two-storey house, built 1780. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks, terracotta chimney pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with render plinth course. Square-headed window openings with replacement uPVC windows, painted render reveals and limestone sills. Round-headed door surround comprising painted channelled limestone pilasters with plinths, moulded cornice and keystone, timber panelled door and traceried fanlight.
This fine Georgian terrace was built in 1780 as part of the planned town by the Earl of Kingston for his retainers, and incorporates many typical neo-classical features of the period, such as symmetry and fanlights. This house has retained much of its original character and charm, despite recent refenestration,and has a fine limestone door surround with timber panelled door.