Survey Data

Reg No

20811012


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Office


Date

1820 - 1840


Coordinates

170976, 110526


Date Recorded

04/09/2006


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached three-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1830, formerly part of terrace and now in use as offices. Pitched corrugated-iron roof having rendered chimneystacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed openings, those to first floor being smaller and having timber casement windows, and those to ground being timber sliding sash windows, one being two-over-two pane and other being double one-over-one pane. Square-headed door opening having timber panelled door with chamfer detail and overlight.

Appraisal

A rare survival of the type of two-storey house that made up the street lines of many Irish towns and villages in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. It has a strong vernacular flavour with its small windows under the eaves and its corrugated-iron roof indicating that it was formerly thatched.