Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Attached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1880, as part of pair with adjoining building to west, and formerly also in use as shop. Pitched artificial slate roof having rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls with render quoins having ornamental motifs. Square-headed window openings with render moulded surrounds having decorative devices to top corners, and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed opening to ground floor with carved timber panelled door, set into render doorcase comprising fluted pilasters, fluted scrolled brackets, moulded archivolt, and boarded overlight. Square-headed recent door opening to centre having replacement door and overlight.
This building shares many details with its neighbour. It retains its timber sash windows and a fine render doorcase. With its pair, it makes a strong visual statement in the streetscape of Kildorrery.