Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Social Technical
In Use As
1940 - 1960
Freestanding circular-plan five-stage cast concrete water tower, built c. 1950, comprising four-stage shaft with collection tank above, supported by curved concrete brackets. Four lines of square-headed window openings with replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed door opening at west side having replacement uPVC door.
The water tower is of technical and social significance as it serves the surrounding rural area with piped water. The tower represents increased standards of living in the mid-twentieth century when piped water became the standard in rural areas. The water tower forms an imposing landmark in the locality.