Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Artistic Social
In Use As
1770 - 1790
First Presbyterian Church, c. 1780, still in use as place of worship. Steeply pitched roof. Sand/cement rendered, ruled and lined at ground floor, roughcast above, rubble south gable, limestone string course at first floor level, concave limestone detail to eaves. Oval windows with limestone surrounds square headed door opening, moulded limestone architrave to door opening with cornice and pulvinated frieze.
Characteristic eighteenth century church. Significant for remaining in its original use, and also for its contribution to the streetscape and contribution to this part of the city. The design is attributed to G. R. Pain.