Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1840
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey over basement house, c. 1835; having pitched roof and rendered chimney stack with clay pots, plain render finish with plat band at first floor cill level, plain shouldered surrounds to openings with diamond inserts, retaining limestone cills and timber sliding sash windows, square headed door opening, timber panelled entrance door with coloured glass inset and plain overlight; facing onto gravelled parking area with enclosed area to rear, limestone steps to main entrance with iron railings; one of six.
Well maintained early nineteenth-century house, significant as part of composite terrace where scale, composition and roofline remains intact. The prominent siting of Langford Place has visual significance for the main thoroughfare of the Infirmary Road and closing the vista of the Old Blackrock Road. It also retains importance as part of a wider group of regionally significant buildings stretching from Langford Row to the junction of Sawmill Street and Infirmary Road, including the former Free Church and Newenham Place.