Survey Data

Reg No

20514972


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1830 - 1840


Coordinates

167900, 71246


Date Recorded

03/09/2002


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced two-bay two-storey over basement house, c. 1835; having pitched roof and rendered chimney stack with clay pots, plain render finish with plat band at first floor cill level, plain shouldered surrounds to openings with diamond inserts, retaining limestone cills and timber sliding sash windows, square headed door opening, timber panelled entrance door and five paned overlight; facing onto gravelled parking area with enclosed area to rear, limestone steps to main entrance with iron railings; one of six.

Appraisal

Well maintained early nineteenth-century house, significant as part of composite terrace where scale, composition and roofline remains intact. The prominent siting of Langford Place has visual significance for the main thoroughfare of the Infirmary Road and closing the vista of the Old Blackrock Road. It also retains importance as part of a wider group of regionally significant buildings stretching from Langford Row to the junction of Sawmill Street and Infirmary Road, including the former Free Church and Newenham Place.