Survey Data

Reg No

20514936


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Technical


Original Use

House


In Use As

Clubhouse


Date

1830 - 1840


Coordinates

167975, 71393


Date Recorded

30/11/1994


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced four-bay three-storey over basement house, c. 1835, with four-storey and three-storey bowed projections to rear elevation; in use as clubhouse, having fibre-cement tiled pitched roof behind parapet and brick chimney stack, brick fa├žade in Flemish bond with render finish to basement, brick flat arches and limestone cills, replacement uPVC windows and round headed door opening with painted stone doorcase having engaged fluted Doric columns, large fanlight and timber panelled door, limestone steps to main entrance, wrought iron railing to basement well and to steps and iron pillars with lamp holders; street frontage with enclosed area to rear.

Appraisal

One of a group of six late Georgian houses, although having alterations, forming composite terrace of particular visual significance to the streetscape. Retaining much original fabric and similar scale, massing and roofline. Few remaining terraces of this type in Cork city.