Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Historical Social
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced two-storey gable-fronted premises, c. 1820; originally a Capuchin chapel, now in use as nightclub with single-storey flat-roofed link building. Plain render finish to upper floor, painted render to ground. Exposed rubble masonry where adjacent buildings have been demolished. Circular plaque to gable; square headed openings with moulded cills to first floor; except for central bay which has a round headed opening. Label hood moulding to first floor openings. Rounded headed entrance opening to ground floor, having Gibbs surround silhouette. Timber sliding sash six over six windows having horizontal glazing bars to square headed openings creating an overlight arrangement; segmental glazing bars to round headed opening.
Late Georgian building, retaining several of its characteristic features, despite extensive rebuilding to either side on the terrace. Significant in its own right but also to the streetscape.