Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Historical Social
In Use As
1900 - 1910
Detached ten-bay two-storey school building, c. 1905; originally Christian Brother's School, having plain render finish to front elevation and painted render finish to rear and sides, render quoins with raised surrounds to openings and plat band to eaves, string course to cill levels and first floor level with raised lettering and motifs, retaining timber sliding sash windows in camber headed openings; street/river frontage, enclosed area bounded by plain rendered wall, on corner site at junction to Sober Lane.
Substantial and well maintained early twentieth-century school building, retaining some original external fabric including timber sliding sash windows in camber headed openings. Occupying prominent city centre site beside the river, and having social and historical importance to the community.