Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1900
Terraced six-bay three-storey fire station, c. 1895, with four-storey two-bay breakfront having original archway; in use as restaurant, with offices and residential accommodation, having brick facade in English garden wall bond, white glazed brick bands, brick pilasters to first and second floors, continuous limestone cill string courses to upper floors and limestone plinth band and lintels; street/river frontage.
Substantial late nineteenth-century former fire house, retaining much original external fabric. Of interest excluding alterations and for prominent riverside site closing the axis with the Grand Parade.