Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1850
Terraced four-bay three-storey building, c. 1845; meeting hall of Ancient Order of Hibernians, having pitched fibre-cement tiled roof with rendered chimney stack and parapet wall to façade, painted render finish with shaped plain render surrounds to first and second floor openings, retaining hood moulding with decorative bosses to camber headed door opening with three-paned fanlight and tripartite door screen with side panels, having camber headed window openings with replacement uPVC casement windows, although retaining decorative cill guard to one ground floor window opening; street frontage.
Substantial mid nineteenth-century building, although having alterations, remains intact in terms of scale and massing. Retaining significance for its important and prominent site on the river, and including other features such as the early twentieth-century cast-iron wall-mounted post box with raised G.R. insignia, set into its façade.