Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1850
Terraced two-bay four-storey premises, c. 1830; attic storey added, c. 1955; one of a pair; in use as offices. Asbestos tile pitched roof with single flat roofed dormer extension, c. 1965, rendered chimney stack, parapet wall to façade. Brickwork in Flemish bond to upper façade, moulded brick cornice. Square headed openings to upper floors with brick swept lintels, cills and plain narrow surrounds. Windows are one over one timber sliding sash. Round headed openings to ground floor set back from the building line; display windows are replacement uPVC. Cornice to ground floor having decorative consoles.
Late-Georgian building which has maintained it sense of scale and proportion despite alterations to the ground floor. As such, it contributes to the character of the streetscape.