Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1850
Terraced two-bay four-storey premises, c. 1830; one of a pair; attic storey added, c. 1965; in use as offices. Slate pitched roof with flat roofed dormer extension, c. 1975, rendered chimney stack, parapet wall to facade clad in copper. Brickwork in Flemish bond to upper façade, moulded brick cornice. Square headed openings to upper floors with brick swept lintels, cills and plain narrow surrounds. Windows are one over one timber sliding sash to the first floor, replacement uPVC elsewhere. Cills removed at first floor level to create a plain cornice to ground floor which has a painted render finish. Round headed openings to ground floor which are set back from the building line and have moulded archivolts. Display windows are replacement uPVC.
Late Georgian building which has maintained it sense of scale and proportion despite modifications to the fenestration. As such, it contributes to the character of the streetscape. The brick façade appears to have been aggressively cleaned which gives it a slightly rough appearance.