Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1810
Terraced two-bay four-storey premises, c. 1800; facade enriched, c. 1865; in use as offices with separate entrance to upper floors. Double pitched roof, slated, rendered chimney stack, parapet wall to facade with stone coping. Quoin detail to both sides; plain string courses to parapet. Plain render finish to upper floors, having square headed openings with moulded architraves, lugged to the second floor, and with a segmental pediment to the first. Cornice with brackets to third floor cill, moulded string course to second, plain string course to first. Windows are replacement uPVC. Painted rusticated render finish to ground floor, having plain fanlights and a separate entrance to upper floors.
Distinctive building dating from the turn of the nineteenth century, having its façade embellished at a later stage to create differing profiles to the openings on each floor. Significant for its decorative aspect and general contribution to the character of this part of the city.