Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1750 - 1770
Terraced three-bay four-storey Georgian house, c. 1760; altered and modernised, c. 1993; retail outlet to ground floor, residential to upper floors. Roof not visible for inspection, plain parapet with plain capping. Shopfront has a display window to either side of a central entrance door. Unpainted render finish with square headed openings to upper floors, with extended cill to fourth floor and one over one uPVC windows. Separate entrance to upper floors has square headed door opening with plain overlight.
Characteristic Georgian building, which has lost one of its most distinctive features in the replacement of its timber sliding sash windows. The ground floor shop front is partially intact with the original arrangement of a recessed central entrance, flanked by a display window to either side, with a separate side entrance to the upper floors. Significance contributed to by the vicinity of a carved stone plaque bearing the name of the street and the date 1761.