Categories of Special Interest
1920 - 1940
Pair of two- and three-storey former bakery buildings, built c. 1930, incorporating a red brick chimney. Now disused. Roughcast rendered walls with flat roofs. Cast-iron casement and pivot windows with continuous concrete sills.
This former bakery retains many interesting features and materials, such as the metal casement windows and red brick chimney. It forms part of an interesting group of industrial buildings, with the nineteenth-century former warehouses to the north and the south, and the mid twentieth-century industrial building to the north. These buildings formerly related to Thompson's Bakery, which was an important bakery in the city.