Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1850
Terraced single-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1835, having three-storey bay projection to front elevation over shopfront. Now in use as restaurant. Pitched tile roof with rooflight, rendered chimneystack and rendered parapet. Rendered walls with moulded panels flanking bay projection. Replacement timber casement windows and timber shopfront, c. 1995.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to its scale and form. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, the unusual form of the building makes it an important contributor to the architectural heritage of the city. Though the projecting bow has been altered in the early twentieth century, this building forms part of an interesting group with other bow-fronted buildings in the city.