Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1810
Terraced four-bay five-storey former house, built c. 1800, now in use as retail outlet and offices. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted, c. 1975. Pitched tile roof with rendered chimneystack and having rendered parapet with moulded eaves cornice. Rendered walls with incised render surrounds to segmental-arched window openings. Retaining some timber sash windows and also having replacement uPVC windows.
This former house makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. The imposing scale of this building and the adjoining building to the south forms a dominant pair on the east side of this wide street. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building retain interesting features and materials, such as the segmental-arched openings, some timber sash windows and moulded eaves cornice.