Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1830, now in use as offices. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted, c. 1970. Rendered parapet and rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with decorative render detail added, c. 1880, comprising of platbands at sill levels, moulded architraves, and corbelled eaves course. Replacement aluminium windows and glazed door.
This former house makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels remain of architectural heritage significance, due to the retention of the decorative render which articulates the form of the building.