Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Terraced gable-fronted three-bay four-storeycommercial building with attic storey built c. 1880, now in use as retail outlet. Ground floor altered and shopfront inserted, c. 1970. Pitched roof with decorative rendered parapet. Rendered walls having decorative render detail including string courses, eaves cornice, platbands, pilasters and architraves. Replacement uPVC windows to upper floors, with timber sash windows to third and attic storeys.
The scale and form of this building make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels remain of architectural heritage significance, due to the retention of interesting features and materials. Of apparent architectural design, the façade is enlivened by the elaborate decorative render which articulates the form of the building and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.