Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1830, as a pair with the adjoining former house to the east. Now in use as retail outlet. Pitched corrugated-iron roof with rendered chimneystack and rendered parapet. Rendered walls with moulded render eaves course and having moulded render surrounds to upper floor openings. Segmental-arched openings to upper floors with timber sash windows. Replacement shopfront, c. 1970, to ground floor.
Built as a pair with the adjoining former house to the east, this pair makes a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels remain of architectural heritage significance. The building is enhanced the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows and moulded render detail.