Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1820 - 1840


167354, 71848

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1830, as a pair with the adjoining former house to the west. Now in use as retail outlet. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack, rendered parapet and having dormer addition. Rendered walls with moulded render eaves course and having moulded render surrounds to upper floor openings. Segmental-arched openings to upper floors with timber sash windows. Carved timber shopfront, c. 1880, comprising of fixed windows and recessed door with flanking pilasters, having projecting fascia, brackets and cast-iron cresting above .


Built as a pair with the adjoining former house to the west, this pair makes a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. The building is enhanced the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows and moulded render detail. The fine late nineteenth-century carved timber shopfront is a particularly notable feature and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.