Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1825 - 1845
Terraced six-bay four-storey commercial building with integral carriage arch, built c. 1835, now in use as retail outlets and offices. Ground floor altered and shopfronts replaced, c. 1995. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet and rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with moulded render eaves course, continuous sills, continuous label mouldings, moulded render surrounds to first floor openings, raised render surrounds to second floor openings, and decorative render scrolls to second floor, c. 1890. Timber sash windows to upper floors.
Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels remain of architectural heritage significance. The building is enhanced by the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows and moulded render detail. The render detail articulates the façade of the building and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.