Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1860
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1845, now in use as public house. Pitched roof and rendered walls. Tripartite timber sash windows and replacement timber casement windows to upper floors. Loading pulley to first floor. Shopfront comprising of fixed timber windows and timber matchboard door, flanked by pilasters with fascia above.
Set on a narrow laneway, leading to the Old English Market, this building is an interesting addition to the architectural heritage of the city. Though it is difficult to see the building in this confined location, it retains many interesting features and materials, such as the tripartite timber sash windows and the timber shopfront.