Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1920 - 1930
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay four-storey commercial building, c. 1925, having chamfered corner. Built as a pair with the adjoining building to the east. Hipped slate roof with rendered parapet. Rendered walls channelled render to chamfered corner, and having string course and eaves course. Raised render surrounds to upper floor openings, having pediments over first floor openings. Timber sash windows to upper floors. Decorative render panels to chamfered corner. Fixed aluminium windows and glazed doors to ground floor, c. 1980.
Built as a pair with the adjoining former house to the east, this pair makes a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance. The building is enhanced the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows and moulded render detail.