Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1920 - 1930
Terraced two-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1925, as a pair with the adjoining building to the west. Ground floor altered with limestone cladding, fixed windows and glazed doors, c. 1995. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet. Rendered walls having string course and eaves course. Raised render surrounds to upper floor openings, having pediments over first floor openings. Timber sash windows to upper floors.
Built as a pair with the adjoining former house to the west, this pair makes a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance. The building is enhanced the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows and moulded render detail.