Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Terraced three-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1820, now in use as retail outlet. Ground floor altered and timber fixed windows and glazed door inserted to ground floor, having fascia above. Pitched tile roof with rendered chimneystack, rendered parapet and moulded eaves course. Rendered walls with moulded render surrounds and continuous sill to second floor openings, and having moulded archivolts and imposts to first floor openings. Timber sash windows to second floor, and aluminium windows to first floor.
Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance. It is enhanced by the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows and moulded render detail. The scale and form of this building make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. It is associated with Richard Lyster, a Cork painter who lived here in the nineteenth century.