Survey Data

Reg No

20512967


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

Bank/financial institution


Date

1840 - 1860


Coordinates

167915, 71835


Date Recorded

23/10/1995


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced three-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1855, now in use as bank. Hipped slate roof with rendered chimneystack and moulded render parapet. Rendered walls having channelled render to ground floor with string course above, and moulded render windows surrounds. Replacement uPVC windows and timber panelled door with toplight.

Appraisal

The scale and form of this former house make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building is enhanced by the retention of the render detail which articulates the regular form of the fa├žade.