Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1945 - 1950
Terraced three-bay four-storey commercial building, built 1948. Flat roof with cast-iron down pipes. Rendered walls with raised render surround to horizontal glazed panels. Metal pivot windows to second floor, with replacement uPVC casement windows and glazed doors to remaining floors.
This building, representative of mid twentieth century architectural design in Ireland, is a notable addition to the streetscape. The regular form of the building is articulated by the horizontal-glazed panels, which are articulated by the raised render surrounds. Though many interesting features have been replaced it is enhanced by the retention of the metal pivot windows and the cast-iron rainwater goods which retain a dated hopper.