Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Terraced six-bay three-storey former warehouse with blocked loading bays to upper floors, built c. 1860, now in use as retail outlets. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with moulded render fascias, cornices and consoles between floors. Timber sash windows to upper floors, with timber casement windows set in segmental-arched openings having raised render surrounds to former loading doors. Altered to ground floor with shopfront insertions.
The scale and form of this former warehouse make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. The façade of the building is articulated by the render detail, which defines the floor levels and the former loading bays. It is an interesting reminder of the former industrial character of this part of the city, and forms part of an interesting group with the former warehouses in French Church Street and Carey's Lane.