Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
End-of-terrace two-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1840, as a group with the two adjoining buildings to the west. Now in use as retail outlet and offices. Shopfront inserted to ground floor, c. 1990. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet and moulded eaves cornice. Rendered walls with render bands, and having shared render pilaster with adjoining building. Timber sash windows to upper floors, having incised render surrounds to first and second floors.
This building was built as part of a group with the adjoining two buildings to the west. This group of three was designed as a single piece in the urban landscape, and is articulated by the render pilasters flanking the central block, and by the render bands. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, the scale and form of this group make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape.