Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
End-of-terrace two-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1840, as a group with the two adjoining buildings to the east. Now in use as retail outlet. Shopfront inserted to ground floor, c. 1935. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet. Rendered walls with render bands, and having shared render pilaster with adjoining building. Timber sash windows to upper floors, with incised render surrounds to first and second floors, and having cornices over first floor windows.
This building was built as part of a group with the adjoining two buildings to the east. This group of three was designed as a single piece in the urban landscape, and is articulated by the render pilasters flanking the central block, and by the render bands. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, the scale and form of this group make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape.