Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1845 - 1865
Terraced three-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1855, now in use as retail outlet. Altered to ground floor and shopfront refitted c. 1980. Pitched tile roof with balustraded parapet having render date plaque. Rendered walls with decorative eaves course, string course as sill level second floor, archivolts and imposts to first floor, and render surrounds to second floor. Round-headed openings to first floor and square-headed openings to second floor, having timber sash windows.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance due to the retention of interesting features and materials. The façade of the building is articulated by the decorative render detail, and is enhanced by the retention of the timber sash windows. Building has date plaque "1828" but facade suggests a date c.1850. Date possibly refers to date of establishment of former business.