Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1880
End-of-terrace two-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1870, now in use as retail outlet. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted, c. 1995. Pitched slate roof with rendered and balustraded parapet. Channelled render walls with platbands, string courses, moulded surrounds to openings and eaves cornice. Square-headed openings to first and second floors and round-headed openings to third floor, having timber sash windows
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance, due to the retention of interesting features and materials. The façade of the building is articulated by the decorative render detail, and is enhanced by the retention of the timber sash windows.