Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1890
Terraced gable-fronted two-bay five-storey commercial building, built c. 1885, now in use as café and offices. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted, c. 2000. Pitched tile roof with red brick chimneystack and having copings and finial to parapet. Red brick walls with projecting brick surround to first floor opening and having decorative terracotta panels. Segmental-arched window openings to upper floors with stone sills and replacement windows.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance due to the retention of interesting features and materials. The segmental-arched openings, brick detailing, and terracotta panels are notable architectural features of the building.