Categories of Special Interest
1950 - 1960
Terraced single-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1955, now in use as retail outlet. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted c. 2000. Flat roof with rendered parapet having decorative details. Rendered walls with curved reveals flanking first floor opening. Metal casement windows to upper floors, set in tripartite arrangement to third floor.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. It forms part of an interesting pair of twentieth-century buildings with the adjoining buildings to the west. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance due to the retention of interesting features and materials, such as the decorative architectural detail and metal casement windows.