Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use

Shop/retail outlet

In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1950 - 1960


167416, 71868

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced single-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1955, now in use as retail outlet. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted c. 2000. Flat roof with rendered parapet having canopy supported on consoles. Rendered walls with channelled render flanking window openings. Metal casement windows to upper floors, set in tripartite arrangement to second and third floors.


This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. It forms part of an interesting pair of twentieth-century buildings with the adjoining buildings to the east. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance due to the retention of interesting features and materials, such as the decorative render details, metal casement windows and projecting canopy. These features are representative of architectural design and detail of that time in Ireland.