Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1825 - 1835
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1830, now in use as retail outlet. Altered to ground floor and shopfront inserted, c. 1995. Pitched slate roof with dormer addition, rendered chimneystack and rendered parapet. Decorative eaves cornice, raised render window surrounds and pediments to first floor windows, c. 1870. Timber sash windows set in segmental-arched openings to upper floors.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance due to the retention of interesting features and materials such as the timber sash windows, and the decorative render detail that enhances the façade.