Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1870
Terraced three-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1865, now in use as restaurant. Altered to ground floor and full-width shopfront inserted, c. 1995. Hipped tile roof with rendered parapet and eaves cornice. Rendered walls to upper floors with render platbands at sill levels and having moulded render surrounds to segmental-arched window openings. Timber sash windows to upper floors.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. Though now greatly altered to the ground floor, the upper levels of the building remain of architectural heritage significance due to the retention of interesting features and materials, such as the segmental-arched openings, timber sash windows and decorative render details.