Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Terraced three-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1850, as a pair with the adjoining building to the west. Now in use as retail outlet. Pitched roof with rendered parapet and eaves cornice. Rendered walls. Moulded render archivolts and imposts to first floor round-headed openings, having cast-iron railings. Moulded render surrounds to upper floor openings. Replacement uPVC windows and shopfront, c. 1990
Built as a pair with the adjoining building to the west, this pair makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the pair. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building is enhanced by the decorative render detail, round-headed window openings and cast-iron railings.