Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1740 - 1770
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1755, now in use as internet café. Pitched tile roof. Rendered walls with moulded eaves course and having decorative render label mouldings, c. 1870. Timber sash windows to upper floors. Remains of carved timber shopfront, c. 1900, comprising of consoles, fascia, cornice and pilasters, with replacement timber fixed windows and timber glazed door.
This former house makes a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. The building is enhanced by the retention of many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows, decorative label mouldings, and the remains of the timber shopfront.